The Problem of Suffering
Spoken Interview Questions
by Paul Hazelden
The Problem of Suffering:
Responding to Suffering
Apologetics and Suffering
Responding to the Challenge
As part of my studies, I plan to write a report on how we help
people cope with suffering, and how we can do it better. Thank you
for being willing to help me with this piece of research.
I would like to know what has helped you, and why it has helped.
I am particularly interested in the 'problem of suffering' - the
problem raised by the question, "If God is good, why does He allow
I am going to write down what you tell me. If you like, I will
give you a copy of what I have written down, for you to take away at
I might quote or summarise in my report what you tell me, but
nobody else will know from my notes or from the report, what you
said to me, or even that you talked with me.
- What has helped you to cope when you have experienced
suffering in the past?
- Did you feel that God was in some way responsible for your
- Was the 'problem of suffering' something that you had to
- If so, what answer or answers did you find which helped you?
- What do you say when someone raises the problem of suffering
- How satisfied are you with your
response? Do you think it is adequate, or are there
outstanding problems it does not adequately address for
- Who has been most helpful to you in finding answers to these
questions? Which books and preachers have been most helpful? What
else has been helpful?
- Is there anything else you would like to say on this subject?
Copyright © 2009 Paul Hazelden
http://hazelden.org.uk/suffering/m4_interview_questions_spoken.htm was last updated 28 November 2009
You are welcome to print this page for your personal use or
create a link to it, but if you would like to use any part
of this page in any other way, please read the standard terms and then contact me.
Go to the top of this page
Display this page
in a printer-friendly format
I welcome your comments and feedback.
You can either
send me a message
write in the guest book
Page counter at 02:39 on 23 July 2018